We continue to work on finessing our protocol for taking grocery orders. Here’s the plan we’re working with right now:
- We will take orders over the phone or via email. Email is preferred – use firstname.lastname@example.org. We can only take short orders (less than eight items) over the phone.
- Be as specific as possible while ordering – give quantities, brands, sizes, etc. We are working on a storefront e-commerce module for our website in order to facilitate ordering.
- We have a minimum $75 order for delivery.
- We accept payment via your member account, credit card, or e-transfer to email@example.com.
- For deliveries: we accept orders on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday until midnight for delivery the following day. We will call you for payment the following morning. There is a $10 charge for this service.
- For pickups: we accept orders on the day before until midnight. Again we will call the following morning to arrange for payment and pickup. Note this service is not available on Sundays. There is a $5 charge for this service.
We encourage you to ask your friends and neighbours for assistance too. We are glad to provide these services but it is a lot of work. We are currently doing an average of four pickups everyday and four deliveries three days a week. That may not sound like much but it’s hours of extra work for our limited staff.
Please be patient as we sort it all out. Call and let us know if you have any questions.