Beginning March 1st, annual operation fees are due for all memberships. Paying the fee allows you to access the following benefits:
- Pre-orders: Discounts on bulk or case quantities ordered ahead of time.
- Member Specials: We have great specials just for members every month.
- Charge Account: Receive a $50 credit on your account so you don’t have to bring cash or cards. You can also put money on this account so you never need your wallet.
All members continue to receive benefits through March 31st. After that, your benefits won’t be available until your $20 fee is all paid up. As you pay your fee, remember all the other “invisible” benefits you create by shopping at the Co-op and supporting our social enterprise, like:
- We are community-owned. Businesses need capital, and co-ops get it from the small, local investors (like you) who believe in what we do.
- We are building a sustainable food economy. Nobody works with as many local suppliers or carries as many organic products on the island as the Co-op.
- We keep the money local. A dollar spent at local independent businesses generates at least three times more direct local economic benefit than one spent at a chain store.
Each year we usually collect about $7,000 in fees and devote the money to a specific project that will provide for a better staff environment. Last year, we added space to the store walk-in cooler so that staff don’t have to move around several bins to reach the shelves during the busy summer. This year, we are planning for the installation of a heat pump that will keep the store warm during the winter. Thanks for your continued support!