Cortes Natural Food Co-op provides high quality wholesome food at fair prices supporting environmental and economic sustainability. We support organic and local industries and goods that promote a healthy lifestyle.
Vision & Goals
- Foster individual and group empowerment
- Participate in shared decision-making process and goodwill
- Encourage community involvement and volunteering
- Create income opportunities
- Nurture meaningful social interaction
- Establish a forum for information and resource sharing
- Support Non-Genetically Modified foods
- Stock high quality products emphasizing local, organic, and sustainable wild crafted goods
- Use cooperative buying power to reduce cost to the consumer and the environment
- Lower transportation impact
- Minimize packaging
- Connect local producers, workers and consumers
- Expand market for local products and keep dollars local
Thanks to a great deal of community spirit and volunteer service, the Co-op was formally incorporated in 2004. Today, 600+ member families enjoy abundant, healthy, earth-friendly grocery foods and products, worker members enjoy a fair wage, and local farms and businesses are steadily growing to supply the store’s needs.